Guest Service Manager
Our company is making huge strides at challenging what a hotel should be. It's time to check in with the new Delta Hotels and Resorts and
EXPECT EVEN MORE!
This is an exciting time for Delta Hotels and Resorts. Not only are we making big changes in every category of our business, we're setting big goals for 2014 and beyond. Our mission is to become the leader in the four-star, full-service hospitality segment.
Delta's Brand Values
We are one team.
We respect each other.
We always act with integrity.
We are passionate about what we do.
We are active leaders in our local communities.
Delta Bessborough, Saskatoons most distinguished landmark, is located in the heart of this historically rich city. Positioned on five acres of private waterfront gardens, it is nestled between two riverfront parks on the South Saskatchewan River. The hotel has 225 guest rooms, 4 restaurants and over 20,000 square feet of elegant function space. Come and work in the “Castle On The River”.
POSITION: GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
Role Summary: The primary responsibility of the Guest Services Manager is to support the Front Office Manager in leading the management of the Front Office. This position requires exceptionally strong communication and a collaborative approach with the hotel leadership team members and departmental colleagues.
- Ensure a seamless guest arrival and departure by providing an elevated guest experience throughout the guest stay.
- Foster a culture where all employees are empowered to provide our guests the immediate service requested in order to exceed their expectations.
- Resolve guest concerns through service recovery and working collaboratively with fellow leaders and colleagues to ensure the guests’ needs are exceeded.
- Coordinate and communicate information that is pertinent to all departments to ensure the highest level of guest service.
- Coordinate all preparations for incoming conventions, groups and VIPs as well as all pre-arrivals including blocking of rooms, convention resumes, special requirements and departure activities.
- Ensure all relevant corporate programs are understood by colleagues and that all daily guest/group requirements are communicated.
- Maintain a high level of employee motivation and encourage the participation of colleagues through mini audits, monthly one on one conversation, and participation in the colleague performance development review.
- Ensure the achievement of our vision and goals by monitoring the daily performance of the Front Office team.
- Assist in the training and coaching of all department colleagues, to ensure their professional development.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment by being a “safety-minded leader” who leads by example in reporting any safety issues and by maintaining and reporting deficiencies throughout the hotel.
- To have a complete understanding in all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management to ensure guest and colleague safety is followed.
- Participate in the recruitment of the front office colleagues.
- Responsible for preparing the two-week staff schedule and ensuring accurate and prompt payroll administration on a daily & weekly basis.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a Hotel Front Office supervisory position required.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality or a related field a definite asset.
- Computer literacy required: Opera, MS Windows and related hotel systems.
- Proven ability as an effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources and administrative skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proven leadership skills which support an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and an exceptional guest experience.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well in a busy and demanding environment.
- In order to support hotel operations, must possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and must be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract. Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission is necessary.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including overnight, weekends & public holidays. Hours of work will be scheduled based on business volumes/operational demands and will vary.
- A criminal background and credit check are required for this role prior to confirmation of employment.
The Delta Bessborough values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from qualified women and men, including Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.