Guest Service Agent (Full Time)
Ensures guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for our guests.
GUEST SERVICE ENTHUSIASTS
This is an exciting time for Delta Hotels and Resorts. Not only are we making big changes in every category of our business, we’re setting big goals for 2014 and beyond. Our mission is to become the leader in the four-star, full-service hospitality segment.
We are declaring to our guests that they can EXPECT EVEN MORE!
In order for us to EXCEED our Guests expectations we need to ensure that we have the right colleagues who will understand the importance of offering even more!
The perfect candidate for this position will be:
- Self-assured – showing confidence in you and your teams ability to deliver even more
- Enthusiastic - obsessed with delivering more than what the Guests expected or needed
- Engaging – is curious about our guest and ways to go above and beyond
- Genuine – will personalize your approach to connect with all type of guests
- Thoughtful – will listen and anticipate your guests needs and discover ways to impress
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift.
- The ability to build genuine connections with guests while exceeding their expectations through being self-assured, enthusiastic, engaging, genuine and thoughtful.
- Checks guests out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to guest requests promptly; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
- Operates telephone switchboard operation.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Books guest reservations or coordinates with reservation center.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Issues, controls and releases guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Will be a role model and ambassador, always representing the Brand, Hotel and your team with the utmost professionalism modeling the core values.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and responds appropriately to the concerns of colleagues.
- Will ensure that uniform and appearance is clean and tidy and will follow the grooming standards policy.
- Assists other team members in own, or other departments as required.
- Complies with Hotel policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Must be available to work shifts during weekdays, weekends and holidays.
SAFETY AND WELLNESS
- Works in compliance with company Safety & Wellness policies and procedures.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous condition/practice to a Supervisor.
- Will immediately report any worker injury/accident.
- Will wear the appropriate Personal Protective equipment as required.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Never operates any equipment, machines, device, uses an unfamiliar chemical or work process in a manner that will endanger him/herself, another worker, or a guest.
Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service experience. University/Colleague diploma in Hospitality and/or previous Hotel Front Office experience is considered an asset.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Will be required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced and occasional stressful environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
- Will be required to stand for long periods of time.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE ACTIVITIES
Guest Service Agent
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions but to give an understanding of the physical and cognitive requirements of the position.
The major responsibility in this position is to operate at the front desk while providing a variety of hotel services for guests, therefore a significant portion of the workday is spent speaking, listening, and moving about while standing.
The vast majority of time is spent interacting with guests of the hotel, typically while standing up. This person also types or uses a keyboard to coordinate hotel services for the guests.
This position utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities often.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often in compiling guest registration information or accounts, and completing cashier reports.
Mathematical abilities, including basic math are utilized when handling departmental monies, guest accounts or the cashier bank.