Position: Duty Manager
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
- Supervise and assist in managing the operation of the Front Office. This includes the front desk, rooms, night audit, communications, guest services and security.
- Ensuring the highest level of personalized guest service and optimized guest satisfaction
- Day to day supervision and the smooth operation of the Front Office
- Must be flexible with hours of work. Shifts will include weekends, days and evenings. Hours of work will fluctuate depending on the volumes.
- Must demonstrate good organization skills in a busy environment.
- Daily preparation and organization of all reservations
- Must be fully able and competent to handle fire, life and safety related situations.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff members
- Effective handling and resolution of guest issues, both in person, over the telephone and in writing.
- Working closely with co-Front Office Supervisors to ensure perfect execution of day to day responsibilities
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the smooth management of all operations
- Assist in training employees, ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform their duties effectively
- Active support in attaining GSAT scores as prescribed by the hotel wide goals
- Ensuring effective management of Guest Service Agents through payroll, training and development adhering to budget parameters
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effectively communicate and implement new policies/procedures for the Front Office
- Act as a liaison in the absence of department managers.
- Assist in planning and execution of departmental meetings
- All other duties as assigned
- Computer literacy a must, including applications in Opera, Windows, Word processing, Internet and Excel Spreadsheets
- Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and the proven ability to work well under pressure
- A Diploma in Hospitality Administration from a recognized institute is an asset
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative innovator and leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions
- Team Leader and Team Player with the ability to lead employees to achieve the departments vision and measurable goals
- Have a good understanding of the structure of the tourism and travel industry – previous hotel experience an asset
- Strong Front Office orientation and creativity
- Must be highly Health, Wellness and Safety conscience, actively promoting and maintaining a Safe and Healthy work environment adhering to the legislation set out by Occupational Health and Safety.
"Delta Hotels is committed to Employment Equity throughout all levels of the organization."