Shift Maintenance Person
This occupation helps to build the Delta Bow Valley experience for our customers through a ‘customer comes first’ attitude by providing hands-on timely quality service, exceptional value, and a superior product. Reporting to the Chief Engineer and the Assistant Chief Engineer, the Shift Engineer is responsible for ensuring the Hotel is maintained to the standards of the Delta Bow Valley Hotel. The position is accountable for modeling and acting in accordance with the Delta’s Core Values and Code of Ethics.
- Promote and maintain a Safe and Healthy work environment adhering to the legislation set out by Occupational Health and Safety.
- Preventative maintenance throughout other areas of the hotel as well, including both the front and heart of house, interior and exterior.
- Preventative Maintenance in guest rooms including grout work, tile work , wood work, painting, some plumbing
- Engineering rounds
- Pool maintenance
- Work on kitchen equipment, minimal refrigeration
- Basic electrical repairs
- Water treatment for all systems
- Complete work orders and requests from all other hotel departments
- Integral part of Emergency response team
- Maintains heating/ventilating/air conditioning equipment in optimal operating condition by performing routine maintenance and repairs
- Diagnose malfunctions or unsafe equipment and repair
- Maintain safe working conditions and Delta Hotels service standards
- Evening, weekend, and statutory holiday work and on call duty shifts
- A person with a valid trade ticket will be given preference, minimum qualifications are a 5th Class Power Engineering ticket.
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical building systems
- Good organizational skills and analytical abilities
- Able to work independently as well as an active team member
- Good communication skills required
- Able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Previous hotel experience would be an asset.
“Delta Hotels is committed to Employment Equity throughout all levels of the organization”