Director of Operations
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations manages the day to day operation of the hotel and must be able to consistently improve guest service, employee engagement, and financial results. He/she must have solid experience in multiple operational departments with a focus on food and beverage with in-depth knowledge of Culinary, Restaurant Operations, and Banquets. The ideal candidate is a high energy, solid performer with a passion for people and results.
This is an exciting time for Delta Hotels and Resorts. Not only are we making big changes in every category of our business, we’re setting big goals for 2014 and beyond. Our mission is to become the leader in the four-star, full-service hospitality segment.
We are declaring to our guests that they can EXPECT EVEN MORE!
In order for us to EXCEED our Guests expectations we need to ensure that we have the right colleagues who will understand the importance of offering even more! The perfect candidate for this position will be:
- Self-assured – showing confidence in you and your teams ability to deliver even more
- Enthusiastic - obsessed with delivering more than what the Guests expected or needed
- Engaging – is curious about our guest and ways to go above and beyond
- Genuine – will personalize your approach to connect with all type of guests
- Thoughtful – will listen and anticipate your guests needs and discover ways to impress
Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful candidate will be accountable the following responsibilities:
- Maximize revenues of the Hotel (including Fredericton Convention Centre)
- Provide leadership and development to the Operations teams.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the Operations teams and participate in Hotel wide strategic plans as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Facilitate relationship /service experience withFrederictonConvention Center
- Facilitate the menu engineering corporate process to increase F&B profitability, Bar Matrix and all other corporate initiatives.
- Develop and implement creative programs and practices to increase customer loyalty and increase top line revenues.
- Participate in development and implementation of marketing strategy to drive food and beverage profitability.
- Ensure F&B is marketed within hotel and on social media with the assistance of the Marketing Manager.
- Prepare annual budget and ensure division operates within approved budgets using checkbook accounting.
- Work with the Executive Chef for menu development and pricing to achieve budgeted cost of sales.
- Monitor and approve labor and revenue forecasts.
- Assist in ensuring guest satisfaction and address any concerns related to quality and/or service.
- Ensure hotel & Delta standards and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure employee satisfaction through right hiring, retention, training and effective communication meetings and processes.
- Ensure inter-department communications and processes are effective.
- Assist with preparing reports as requested to develop a more informative data base for applicable decision making.
- Take leadership with Guest Comment Card process and GSI monitoring as it pertains to F&B. Focus on Welcoming, Engaging and Exceeding Guest experiences.
- Chair ongoing Operations team meetings and take leadership with interdepartmental communication.
- Be aware and ensure compliance with all current Health & Safety and licensing policies and legislation.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Support framework for Business Excellence.
- Provide support and assistance as required to the Controller, People Resources Director and the Director, of Sales & Marketing.
- Assume the responsibility of the General Manager in their absence.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of hotel Leadership experience, at a senior/executive level
- University/College education, preference given to hotel management degree
- Proven ability as an effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resource and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Must be results oriented with the ability to be flexible
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Bilingual, French/English would be an asset
Delta Fredericton, offers a competitive wage along with comprehensive group benefits and many developmental opportunities. Delta Fredericton also offers a great working environment, employee discounts, and an opportunity to work with one of the Top 50 Employers in Canada!
The hotel is also committed to employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. Qualified candidates from under-represented designated groups are encouraged to apply.