Sales Administrative Coordinator
Position: Sales Administrative Coordinator
Hotel: Corporate Office
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting To: Executive Director of Sales
Most important, the successful candidate will demonstrate Delta’s Values in all aspects of their job. These include:
- We are one team.
- We respect each other.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We always act with integrity
- We are active leaders in our local communities
The Sales Administrative Coordinator will provide office support to department executives and managers on a variety of projects. General organization and administrative department support is balanced with project specific tasks within sales functions which can often involve acting as a liaison between departments.
- Support for Brand D2B small business program
- Monitor incoming leads, qualify, and distribute to appropriate Sales Manager / National Account Director
- Gift Certificates – creating, issuing, and logging of all Delta sales gift certificates issued for promotions.
- Promotions – administer hotel charge backs for marketing/sales promotions
- Manage the Corporate Sales Reward and Recognition program including participating in the planning of the National Sales Conference and other meetings along with the Annual Sales Incentive trip.
General Department Administrative Support:
- Compose light correspondence as required.
- Format and edit documents, reports, power point presentations etc.
- Organize and maintain department files and storage room.
- Administer invoicing process, approvals, data entry, discrepancies and accruals.
- Arrange for meetings (both internal and external) as required
- Arrange for client reservations as required
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements as required
- Distribute incoming and preparation of outgoing mail/couriers.
- Photocopy/binding requirements for larger scope projects.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of office supplies, department printer maintenance, and National Sales giveaways.
- Updating Departmental and Field distribution lists on Google.
- Reception coverage – occasional support as required.
This position requires a minimum of 1 year experience working in an office environment, preferably within the hospitality industry. Qualifications include accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills, knowledge and experience working with basic programs such as word, excel and power point. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are essential, as are excellent phone skills and familiarity with office equipment. While teamwork is an important asset, the Sales Administrative Coordinator must also be able to initiate and complete projects on their own, with accuracy and often under deadline pressure. The right candidate will be detail-oriented and able to prioritize, frequently performing several tasks at once.
A leading Canadian hotel management company, Delta Hotels and Resorts owns, operates and franchises a diversified portfolio with 41 full-service, city centre and airport hotels and resorts under the Delta brand. Widely regarded as Canada’s “brand of choice” by guests and owners, Delta also distinguishes itself as an exemplary employer. It is the only hotel company to have been recognized for its sustained focus on business excellence by the prestigious National Quality Institute with three Canada Awards for Excellence, including the award program’s highest honour, the Order of Excellence (2007). The company has also consistently ranked as one of the country’s 50 Best Employers for 13 years, and has been named to the Green 30 since 2010. Its Corporate Social Responsibility platform, Delta Helps, includes a chain-wide commitment to the communities it serves through a national partnership with Habitat for Humanity Canada, participation in the Hotel Association of Canada’s Green Key Eco-Rating program, and work with various other charitable groups.