Want to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada? What about working for an employer boasting the Platinum Award for Excellence? Great perks, great benefits, great people. What more could you ask for?
The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Surrounded by the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Lodge is located between Calgary and Banff, Alberta and provides guests with the ultimate mountain getaway experience.
The Lodge sits in an unspoiled mountain environment, surrounded by 4000 square kilometers of possibilities. Home to unsurpassed backcountry adventures - your opportunities are endless! Live the Adventure is our motto, and we work hard to ensure a healthy work and life balance for all our employees.
The Lodge was originally built for the 1988 Winter Olympics, and is now host to visitors from all around the world. Three buildings providing 412 luxurious rooms, 6 extensive dining outlets, conference centre, spa and fitness centre and the best backyard in the world! Come Live the Adventure and grow your career! What are you waiting for?
Each and every Delta Lodge at Kananaskis employee is entitled to all of these amazing job perks:
- A Mountain Community and Wellness Coordinator just for you, offering unparalleled Mountain Experience activities
- Discounts on all activities offered through our Staff Association Fund. Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes - to name a few.
- Health and Wellness benefits through Great West Life, including; Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, Short-term disability and more!
- Commuters allowance to help cover travel expenses to and from work or a seat on our free commuter shuttle if you choose to live in Canmore, Banff, Cochrane or Calgary.
- A full Employee Experience team to assist you with your on-site staff accommodations, and ensure a great mountain community.
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets.
- Free use of all our recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Delta Destinations membership providing you discounted room rates, free upgrades and food and beverage discounts at any Delta Hotel or Resort across Canada!
What more could you ask for in an employer? How about;
- A commitment to promoting from within
- Personal and professional adventure and growth
- Extensive learning opportunities to help you fast track your career with Delta!
To find out more information about living and working at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis, please visit our website at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Reservation Supervisor position oversees a team of reservation agents while managing the day to day operations within the department; including scheduling, payroll, taking calls, and daily report updates. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a commitment to call quality are required.
- Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Reservations Supervisor is responsible for:
- Provides leadership, motivation, direction, and support to the Reservations Sales Agents with a focus on call quality and attention to detail.
- Takes guest phone calls and makes guest reservations as required by the department
- Develops all Reservations Sales Agents to ensure the smooth operation and maintenance of the highest level of guest satisfaction, in accordance with Delta Hotels' Community Codes and in keeping with our Vision/Mission statement
- Develops & maintains a learning culture in the Reservations department, ensuring a successful Delta skills training process
- Communicates regularly with other departments to maximize revenue while ensuring guest satisfaction
- Assists the Conference Services team by coordinating and updating group blocks daily.
- (Assists the Tour & Travel Sales Manager by coordinating, monitoring, and updating group tour blocks daily.)
- Responsible for the effective Management of all extra net sites.
- Coordinates all communication with GRS in Fredericton
- Maintains good working relationships with the hotel's partners
- Assists the Front Office Manager by managing room inventories,
- Assists the Area Revenue Manager by building rates, creating packages, and measuring statistics.
- Assists the Area Revunue Manager with IDEAS maintenance
- Ensure all group recaps are entered in correctly by working closely with the sales team.
- Responsible for the correct data entry of group resumes including group blocks and rooming lists, VIP guests and special attention information.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to personal Guest excellence and Hotel profitability through special duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in hotel management a definite asset
- Proven experience in motivating, coaching and supervising employees
- Excellent communications skills, business writing and telephone manner
- Minimum of two years experience in Reservations, Front Office and/or Sales
- Detail oriented
- Excellent knowledge of Opera, Iris (ORS), Excel, Word
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic and big picture thinking skills
- Driven, positive individual who will be committed to the achievement of the Lodge Vision andMissionstatement