Employee Experience Supervisor
Want to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada? What about working for an employer boasting the Platinum Award for Excellence? Great perks, great benefits, great people. What more could you ask for?
The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Surrounded by the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Lodge is located between Calgary and Banff, Alberta and provides guests with the ultimate mountain getaway experience.
The Lodge sits in an unspoiled mountain environment, surrounded by 4000 square kilometers of possibilities. Home to unsurpassed backcountry adventures - your opportunities are endless! Live the Adventure is our motto, and we work hard to ensure a healthy work and life balance for all our employees.
The Lodge was originally built for the 1988 Winter Olympics, and is now host to visitors from all around the world. Three buildings providing 412 luxurious rooms, 6 extensive dining outlets, conference centre, spa and fitness centre and the best backyard in the world! Come Live the Adventure and grow your career! What are you waiting for?
Each and every Delta Lodge at Kananaskis employee is entitled to all of these amazing job perks:
- A Mountain Community and Wellness Coordinator just for you, offering unparalleled Mountain Experience activities
- Discounts on all activities offered through our Staff Association Fund. Skydiving, Yoga, Ski/Snowboard Passes - to name a few.
- Health and Wellness benefits through Great West Life, including; Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, Short-term disability and more!
- Commuters allowance to help cover travel expenses to and from work or a seat on our commuter shuttle if you choose to live in Canmore, Cochrane or Calgary.
- A full Employee Experience team to assist you with your on-site staff accommodations, and ensure a great mountain community.
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets.
- Free use of all our recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Delta Destinations membership providing you discounted room rates, free upgrades and food and beverage discounts at any Delta Hotel or Resort across Canada!
What more could you ask for in an employer? How about;
- A commitment to promoting from within
- Personal and professional adventure and growth
- Extensive learning opportunities to help you fast track your career with Delta!
THE ROLE: EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR
We are looking for an energetic, fun and hard working Employee Experience Supervisor to be responsible for assisting in the operation of our staff residence. Ensuring a positive residence experience, and effective inventory controls in the staff store.
To assist in the achievement of the Employee Experience Vision: "To be the leading mountain resort offering an unrivaled employee experience for adventure and growth".
Reports to: Employee Experience Manager
- Assist in the overall management of all Employee Experience employees, ensuring consistent performance and accountability through a motivational approach
- Responsible for leading the Employee Experience team when the Employee Experience Manager is away from the office, including residence security report follow up
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring team and inspiring growth and development within the Employee Experience team
- Responsible for building relationships and facilitating the ambassador program to create an engaged community
- Ensure the key processes in Employee Experience are consistently performed by all team members (arrival, departure, room changes, etc)
- Participate in weekly Room Inspections, including notices, inspections and follow up
- Assist with the maintenance, inspections and cleanliness of all Employee Experience vehicles
- Assist with the engagement and motivation of the Employee Experience Team
- Build upon our "Live the Adventure" model; embracing our diverse community by coordinating different event and activities
- Assist with special functions/events as required with the overall People Resources / Employee Experience team (staff parties, Valley Tour, Activity's)
- Must be hands on when necessary, pitching in as required to ensure a clean & safe living environment for all
- Maintain and operate the Bear Necessities store as the "hub" for residents and staff activities
- Weekly ordering of product, using POS system and other indicators (par stocks, etc) to understand the right product mix at the right time, ensuring a well stocked offering at all times
- Ensure that the Bear Necessities meets all codes required by the Health Inspector, and continuous cleanliness of outlet
- Conduct monthly month end inventory, including counts, and data entry and submission to Accounting in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that when product is received, it is accounted for against the invoice, and the invoice is sent to Accounting for payment
- Ensure that all cash handling policies are adhered to for all associates
- A passion for Welcoming, Engaging and Exceeding our guest/employee expectations
- Previous experience in a supervisory/leadership capacity an asset
- A valid driver’s license, Class 4 preferred, requirement to acquiring your Class 4 license within 30 days of start date
- Physically fit with the ability to stand for extended periods and to move, handle, and lift boxes/crates of inventory
- Computer literate, with prior administrative experience preferred
- Must be or aspire to be active and knowledgeable in the Kananaskis Valley in pursuing a mountain lifestyle
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Must think solutions, problem solving needs to be creative and flexible