Room Attendant - Full Time
This occupation helps to build the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel experience for our customers through a ‘customer comes first’ attitude by providing hands-on timely quality service, exceptional value, and a superior product. Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper and the Housekeeping Supervisors, the Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring Hotel guestrooms are cleaned and arranged to the superior presentation standards of the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel and Delta Hotels. The position is accountable for modeling and acting in accordance with the Delta’s Core Values and Code of Ethics.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans up to 16 rooms, plus one 60 minute thorough guest room clean per day
- Clears garbage, removes trays, and ventilates guest rooms
- Strips and makes guest beds
- Cleans, dusts and replaces supplies
- Cleans bathrooms
- Replaces towels and bathroom supplies as required
- Spot cleans walls and doors as required
- Tidies guest's personal belongings as required
- Vacuums guest room and corridors
- Checks for final room presentation to ensure that all housekeeping tasks have been performed within Core and Hotel standards
- Courteously and promptly responds to guest requests
- Reports and delivers any lost guest items
- Maintains cart and linen rooms in a safe and orderly fashion
- Ensures linen chute and storage are locked at all times
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment at all times
- Note and report any room deficiencies with maintenance requests
- Understands the emergency procedures for the Housekeeping department and understands the emergency procedures for the entire Hotel.
- Other duties as assigned upon reasonable request
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to relate well to Hotel guests and employees
- Observant, discriminating and detail-oriented
- Read and write English fluently
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Dependable and reliable
- Shift work required.