Guest Services Manager
The Delta Vancouver Airport is situated in a beautiful garden setting on the banks of the Fraser River. Only 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver and on the doorstep of the Vancouver International Airport, this waterfront property is an oasis for all travellers.
- Minimum 3-4 years of Front Office and/or guest service experience in a progressively senior role of responsibility, with strong knowledge and understanding of the Front Office/Guest Reception Process.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality or a related field a definite asset.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated computer skills (Opera, Word, Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team building, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to implement and maintain very high, consistent key standards as per Delta Hotels policies and procedures
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership qualities, with the ability to motivate and supervise team members
- Must be extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail
- A background check is required for this position
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, graveyards and holidays
- Guide and assist with all tasks, which impact the Guest Arrival and Departure Process. This includes all activities from moment of guest arrival at the door, through check-in to (and departure from) their room, and up to final departure from the hotel
- Act as a resource for all team members when addressing service/guest issues
- Assist in the recruitment and training of all departmental team members in a multifunctional work environment
- Oversee emergency situations and make prompt decisions based on the best interest of our guest and establishment
- Ensure proper coverage of shifts and supplies
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and maintain a high level of professionalism and excellent service.
- Assist in the performance management of all Front Office Team Members
- Adhoc projects as assigned
Delta Hotels and Resort is committed to employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. To submit your resume for a career opportunity with us, please go to deltatalent.com.
All internal candidates must complete a Request for Transfer Form