Stewarding Night Supervisor
Want to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada? What about working for an employer boasting the Platinum Award for Excellence? Great perks, great benefits, great people. What more could you ask for?
The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Surrounded by the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Lodge is located between Calgary and Banff, Alberta and provides guests with the ultimate mountain getaway experience.
The Lodge sits in an unspoiled mountain environment, surrounded by 4000 square kilometers of possibilities. Home to unsurpassed backcountry adventures - your opportunities are endless! Live the Adventure is our motto, and we work hard to ensure a healthy work and life balance for all our employees.
The Lodge was originally built for the 1988 Winter Olympics, and is now host to visitors from all around the world. Three buildings providing 412 luxurious rooms, 6 extensive dining outlets, conference centre, spa and fitness centre and the best backyard in the world! Come Live the Adventure and grow your career! What are you waiting for?
Each and every Delta Lodge at Kananaskis employee is entitled to all of these amazing job perks:
- A Mountain Community and Wellness Coordinator just for you, offering unparalleled Mountain Experience activities
- Discounts on all activities offered through our Staff Association Fund. Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes - to name a few.
- Health and Wellness benefits through Great West Life, including; Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, Short-term disability and more!
- Commuters allowance to help cover travel expenses to and from work or a seat on our free commuter shuttle if you choose to live in Canmore, Banff, Cochrane or Calgary.
- A full Employee Experience team to assist you with your on-site staff accommodations, and ensure a great mountain community.
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets.
- Free use of all our recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Delta Destinations membership providing you discounted room rates, free upgrades and food and beverage discounts at any Delta Hotel or Resort across Canada!
What more could you ask for in an employer? How about;
- A commitment to promoting from within
- Personal and professional adventure and growth
- Extensive learning opportunities to help you fast track your career with Delta!
To find out more information about living and working at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis, please visit our website at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca.
As the Night Supervisor you are responsible for the cleanliness of all public spaces and back of house areas, including all kitchen areas.
Under the direction of the Chief Steward, Executive Housekeeper, the Night Cleaning Supervisor will assist in the following:
- Lead the night team in achieving all necessary duties, ensuring the all members are working safely and efficiently.
- Ensure policies of the Lodge are enforced and disciplinary action taken when not adhered to.
- Trains new employees utilizing the Skills Training (formerly online) schedule.
- Ensures that areas under their direction are meticulously clean, which includes all kitchens, and the Summit Spa & Fitness Centre facilities all public & heart of house areas.
- Ensures garbage / mop station room is cleaned daily.
- Inventory control of chemicals.
- Ensure all levels of performance are logged to aid with development reviews & “one on one sessions” with Night Cleaning team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory experience, with the ability to lead, motivate & cultivate a strong team, would be an asset.
- Must possess proven initiative and work well unsupervised.
- Previous cleaning experience preferred.
- Train the Trainer, Stepping up to Supervision and Interaction Management preferred.
- Must be Health & Safety conscience and dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Experience using various types of cleaning & polishing machinery would be an asset.