Executive Meeting Manager
Do you exceed expectations; excel at customer service and truly enjoying engaging with your guests?
Reporting directly to the Director of Catering, Conference Services
The successful applicant will be tasked with elevating the experiences of our group business and executing programs from start to finish. This position is also responsible for ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction for our short term guests requesting space less than 2 months prior to their arrival date.
Want to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada? What about working for an employer boasting the Platinum Award for Excellence? Great perks, great benefits, great people. What more could you ask for?
"Our company is making huge strides at challenging what a hotel should be. It's time to check in with the new Delta Hotels and Resorts and EXPECT EVEN MORE"
Delta's Brand Values
We are one Team
We respect each other
We always act with integrity
We are passionate about what we do
We are active leaders in our local communities
Our commitment to our colleagues is simple: we will be an inclusive and healthy place to work because we know the way we deal with our employees is reflected in the way that they will interact with out guests. We're especially proud of our commitment to leadership and development; we offer opportunities for advancement and each year team members succeed in developing their career.
Want to work for one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada? What about working for an employer boasting the Platinum Award for Excellence? Great perks, great benefits, great people. What more could you ask for? Check out the NEW DELTA HOTELS!
The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Surrounded by the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Lodge is located between Calgary and Banff, Alberta and provides guests with the ultimate mountain getaway experience.
The Lodge sits in an unspoiled mountain environment, surrounded by 4000 square kilometers of possibilities. Home to unsurpassed backcountry adventures - your opportunities are endless! Live the Adventure is our motto, and we work hard to ensure a healthy work and life balance for all our employees.
The Lodge was originally built for the 1988 Winter Olympics, and is now host to visitors from all around the world. Three buildings providing 412 luxurious rooms, 6 extensive dining outlets, conference centre, spa and fitness centre and the best backyard in the world! Come Live the Adventure and grow your career! What are you waiting for?
Each and every Delta Lodge at Kananaskis employee is entitled to all of these amazing job perks:
- A Mountain Community and Wellness Coordinator just for you, offering unparalleled Mountain Experience activities
- Discounts on all activities offered through our Staff Association Fund. Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes - to name a few.
- Health and Wellness benefits through Great West Life, including; Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, Short-term disability and more!
- Commuters allowance to help cover travel expenses to and from work or a seat on our commuter shuttle if you choose to live in Canmore, Cochrane or Calgary.
- A full Employee Experience team to assist you with your on-site staff accommodations, and ensure a great mountain community.
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets.
- Free use of all our recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre.
- Delta Destinations membership providing you discounted room rates, free upgrades and food and beverage discounts at any Delta Hotel or Resort across Canada!
What more could you ask for in an employer? How about;
- A commitment to promoting from within
- Personal and professional adventure and growth
- Extensive learning opportunities to help you fast track your career with Delta!
To find out more information about living and working at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis, please visit our website at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca.
- Responsible for all incoming inquiries that want to book guest rooms and meeting/catering functions for 60 or less guest rooms within two months prior to arrival
- Communicate all details for the meeting/function from the client-prepare proposals/contracts to the appropriate departments
- Partner with the Kitchen to offer creative and unique food options while focusing on our guests special needs, food cost, labour cost and facilities of the kitchen
- Liaise with all departments to ensure elevated service through group resumes and responding to all requests
- Conduct pre-conference meetings, when applicable, to ensure key departments are fully aware of pertinent details pertaining to the group upon their arrival and to introduce client to all departments
- Ensure our daily yields for rooms and meeting space revenues their optimum potential through the use of OPERA.
- Build trusting relationships with our clients
- Host our clients upon arrival to the hotel for their meeting to review all details of their function
- Understand client needs and selling our property with passion and creativity during site inspections and/or familiarization tours
- Follow up with the client immediately following their event to maintain relationships and rebook their program and options for other potential business.
- May entail working a few weekends per year including the Christmas Season
- Ensure all monthly activities are complete including RSC calls, referrals, sites and Entertainment
- Responsible for maintaining relationships, selling and re-booking past groups
- Extremely detailed and an excellent communicator
- Experience with OPERA and IDEAS an asset
- 2-3 years experience in hotel Sales
- Proven skills in communication, planning and executing
The job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com