Guest Service Agent - 2015
This position does ot begin mid April/early May.
To work in a team oriented environment to complete the Guest Service Agent role in a timely and orderly manner while maintaining legendary guest service by implementing Delta’s Quality Standards. The Guest Service Agent accepts the principle that a Team Member will always respond to the request or enquiry from an internal or external guest in a positive, supportive, courteous manner and will accept the responsibility for ensuring the guests’ needs and inquiries are handled appropriately. The Team Member has the opportunity to participate in the decision making process and is empowered to solve problems. This position is part time, however during the peak business periods the position may be required to work 40 hours per week. The Guest Service Agent will report directly to the Front Office Manager. The successful candidate will be ambitious, a self-motivator and possess superior communication and organizational skills and is responsible for the following duties:
- Effective overall communication with Guest Service employees
- To follow the grooming standards as set out by Delta Prince Edward
- Ensure Delta Standards and Hotel Standards are met or exceeded
- Having complete understanding of all policies and procedures relating to the Front Office including Front Desk, Switchboard, Reservations and Guest Services
- Effectively and efficiently dealing with any challenges that may arise throughout the shift
- Exceeding guest expectations while performing multiple functions including check-in/out, answering telephone and directing calls to the requested extension
- Ensure that the rates for all of the guests are inputted correctly in the property management system
- Participate in departmental meetings, as well as, training programs
- Remain up to date on current rates and offerings that the hotel has offered in regards to advertisements
- Support Hotel initiatives, such as, Health and Safety, Environment and employee recognition
- Follow the Emergency Procedures as set out in the Business Continuity Plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual an asset English/French
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in a hotel Front Office environment and a solid working knowledge of the Front Office operating system, as well as Excel.
- Highly motivated and guest driven with the ability to make timely guest service decisions
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills required, both written and oral
- Proven ability promote excellence by being strongly focused on guest needs and expectations
- Self starter, team player and highly motivated
- Valid Drivers License and Driver’s Abstract required
- Background Security Check required
Hourly Wage $11.00 per hour, plus incentives. Increase after successful probabtion completed.
Delta Hotels has been awarded the “50 Best Companies to Work For in Canada” and the “Canada Award for Excellence, Healthy Workplace Award and Order of Excellence”
Delta Hotels is committed to employment equity throughout all levels of the organization.